Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Depressing News on US Wealth Gap


This graph from the Pew Research Center shows the depressing wealth gap that exists between Whites and minorities in this country.  Personally speaking, I am an embodiment of this.  While my income as a single male with no children is OK, I have no great wealth.  I do not own any homes or cars.  I have no stocks or any significant savings.  I live paycheck to paycheck and even then there are some bills that don't get paid.  I hope to change this within the next 10 years or so but sadly many other minorities are lacking the opportunities to do so.  Read the entire Pew Research Center study here.

The fabulous Melissa Harris-Perry, professor of Political Science at Tulane University and columnist for The Nation, guest hosted the Rachel Maddow show last night and had a wonderful segment on this topic.




No comments:

Post a Comment